Applications are invited for the position of Marina Manager at the Port Owen Marina at Velddrif.
This is a senior management position and requires an experienced, multifaceted person who has a proven sound work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, is practical and can resolve problems while remaining within the policies of POMA.
The main requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must be of sound mind and be able bodied.
- The position requires a person well vetted in Health and Safety issues pertaining to the position.
- Good stakeholder liaison will be required, including staff, clients, suppliers, and the relevant government agencies.
- High level of understanding and application of the Administration processes of Poma will be required.
- The person should be able to plan and manage projects and be technically inclined.
- Knowledge of Maritime activities and the applicable laws is also a requirement.
Knowledge and Experience:
The minimum qualification is Grade 12 and at least 10 years proven experience of the
requirements listed above. POMA believes that the ideal candidate should be in the 30 to 50 years age range.
The person in this position will be responsible for managing all contractors as well as the permanent staff employed by POMA; and will report to the Chairman of the POMA Exco.
The position is full time, and the candidate will be expected to work flexi hours (when required) on weekends and public holidays.
A skipper’s ticket (preferably commercially endorsed) will be an advantage, but is not a requirement. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Earth Pro, Cape Farm Mapper or similar is required.
Please send application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 5th November 2021. The appointee will be expected to start no later than 1 January 2022.